INTERDISCIPLINARY LABORATORY of BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS MODELLING
Joanna I. Sulkowska, Professor at University of Warsaw, PhD, DSc and her group are interested in the development of multidimensional models for the analysis of energy landscape of proteins with complex structures, as proteins with non-trivial topology; development of analytical methods as direct coupling analysis (DCA). Scientific interests:
- theoretical models of the energy landscape of proteins;
- analytical methods and bioinformatics tools to predict protein structures and folding mechanisms;
- mechanical properties of proteins, degradation and translation;
- protein ligand interactions, membrane proteins;
- applications of mathematical knot theory to proteins and nucleic acids.