INTERDISCIPLINARY LABORATORY of BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS MODELLING
Joanna I. Sulkowska, Ph. D and her group are interested in development of multi dimensional models for the analysis of energy landscape of proteins with complex structures, as proteins with non trivial topology; development of analytical methods as direct coupling analysis (DCA). Scientific interests:
- theoretical models of the energy landscape of proteins;
- analytical methods and bioinformatics tools to predict protein structures and folding mechanisms;
- mechanical properties of proteins, degradation and translation;
- protein ligand interactions, membrane proteins;
- applications of mathematical knot theory to proteins and nucleic acids.